BUSINESS

Bheri-Babai project share distribution modality finalized

Posted 1 week ago by Sandeep Bhattarai

Bheri-Babai project share distribution modality finalized

The government has forwarded the process to establish a company to manage the powers to be generated from the national pride project Bheri-Babai Diversion Multipurpose.

The company is going to be established following the scheme of people’s hydropower project ensuring participation of people and the, federal, state and local governments.

The company would be established with the model where 51 percent share would be managed from government side while remaining 49 per cent from the public. Similarly, of the total 51 per cent, 26 per cent share come from the federal government while 20 percent from Karnali state government and 5 per cent from the local levels.

Similarly, of total 49 per cent managed for locals, 10 per cent will be provided to most affected locals, 10 per cent to Karnali people and remaining 10 per cent to those from across the country. While inspecting the project site, Minister for Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation Barsha Man Pun shared that the share was distributed with the aim of benefiting locals and the affected areas.

The national pride project will provide irrigation to 51,000 hectares of lands in Banke and Bardiya districts by channeling water from Bheri River to Babai River. The project produces 48 megawatts of electricity.

You can also download our Android App And iOS App . We are also in social network Facebook and Twitter

More News

Comment